~ Vintage Images from the Early Twentieth Century of the Polish Immigrant Community of Worcester, Massachusetts ~

Monday, June 17, 2013

Beaux and Bows (Mystery Photo #21) - Mystery Monday


(Digital Image. Photograph Privately Held By Cynthia Shenette; Photograph and Text, Copyright (c) 2013 Cynthia Shenette) Hair bows definitely seem to be the fashion!  I'm not sure if almost all of the ladies are wearing bows for a particular reason or they just happened to wear all those bows by coincidence.  One of the young men in the top row seems to have gotten in on the bow action.

I thought I would post this because it is such fun photo and a nice group shot.  I recognize three people in the photo.  My grandmother, Antonina (Bulak) Szerejko, is the young woman in the middle of the bottom row with her head turned to the side.  My great-aunt Helen Bulak, my grandmother's sister, is the young woman in the second row almost directly behind her.  My grandfather, Adolf Szerejko, is the first young man on the right in the second to top row.  I don't recognize any of the other ladies or gents.  My guess is the photo was taken at one of St. Mary's (Our Lady of Czestochowa) parish picnics sometime between 1916 and 1919.

If you recognize anyone in my photo I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment